| Collecting Bibles to Share Lasting Hope and Peace |
We have talked about what we can do as a family to try to help out. It is not very practical for me and two 7 year olds to go help remove debris. We have donated drinks and school supplies, but we want to do something that would help bring lasting peace and comfort. So we have decided to collect Bibles to take to the areas that have been hit. Just about all of us have numerous Bibles, I myself have 10 that I can think of right now, I am probably forgetting about 1 or 2 others. That is not counting the ones my children have or the ones my husband has... so what if we all were willing to part with 1 or 2 of our Bibles so that someone who lost theirs could have one, or so that someone who may not have ever desired to read the Bible until now could have one...
I know how powerful the Word of God has worked in my life, and I know that the Word of God is the one thing that can bring those affected by the storms lasting peace and comfort. We hope you will join us in collecting Bibles for those affected by the storms. If you know us personally and live close by you can drop them off at our house... If we are not home, I will have a box by the front door labeled "Bibles for Tornado Victims". If you want to join us but do not know me personally or do not live close enough to drop them off, leave me a comment with your email address and I will contact you about where you can send them.
We would also covet your prayers... that God would guide us in where and when to distribute the Bibles. I already have a contact person for a church in Pleasant Grove, AL who is willing to help us distribute them, but am praying for God to lead us to any other areas with people who are in need of the lasting peace and comfort that can be found in His Word. Thank you so very much!












1 comment:
I will dig out some of mine and send them your way! This is an awesome things that you guys are doing! :)
Post a Comment