Today starts the season of Lent, only 40 days until we corporately celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior... For years I have wanted to spend the 40 days of Lent doing something to further focus my heart and mind on Christ and what He did for me over 2000 years ago when we took my sins upon Himself, endured the cross, conquered the grave and rose from the dead. Things have always gotten in the way before... or it would slip up on me and we would already be halfway through Lent so I wouldn't start.
Well, this year I am joining Nancy Leigh DeMoss and countless others as we read through The Incomparable Christ by J. Oswald Sanders. We are reading a chapter a day up to Resurrection Sunday and then for a week after... she is also teaching about each chapter on her daily radio broadcast, which you can also hear online. I am looking forward to this... looking forward to spending more time sitting at His feet and listening for His Voice... won't you join me?
Here is just a taste... this spoke to me as I read it this morning... (from the introduction, page 10)













No comments:
Post a Comment