Monday, August 23, 2010

Life goes on...

Well, even though my summer seems like it was stolen from me and I did not really get to enjoy it, life goes on!  Here we are starting another year of homeschooling!  The boys are very excited to be 1st graders and I am excited to be a 1st grade teacher! 






We continue to use Sonlight curriculum which I absolutely love!  Our first week (which was last week) went so smoothly as I was familiar with the curriculum and how to use it... that was a huge plus after not feeling well all summer.  I do not think I would have been able to muster up the mental and physical energy to figure out a new curriculum, so I am thankful the Lord led me to continue with Sonlight!  We also love using Fast Math which a friend gave me to put on our computer.  It makes math so much fun for the boys and really helps them learn their math facts so that harder math to come will not be so hard! 




The boys are playing Upward Soccer and are so very excited... we just started practice and their 1st game is not until the Saturday after Labor Day, what a fun day that will be!  They love soccer so much that they wear their gear around the house and are often up at 7 am dressed to play soccer and practicing in the back yard!

We will also be starting Community Bible Study in a few weeks.  What a blessing it will be to gather with other moms, many who also homeschool, to study the book of Daniel and 1 & 2 Thessalonians and 1 & 2 Peter.  The boys will have their own class and Bible study that is appropriate for their age level. 






The boys have also started piano lessons and are doing wonderfully!  It is such a joy to see them learn new things and enjoy them.  They are also participating in Children's Choir at church and will get to be in the "big kids" musical at Christmas this year! 

So we are busy, and life goes on... and I am so thankful to my Lord for giving me the strength I need day to day.  Not a day has gone by that the Lord has not provided for me and my family the things we need, materially and otherwise.  His grace truly is sufficient and His presence in my life is what sustains me and carries me through...  are you allowing Him to carry you, or are you trying to carry your load all by yourself?


post signature

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Hi Tricia,

Wow--piano, bible study, back to school, choir and more...your boys are having a great fall kick off. They are handsome little boys and I know you are very proud of them!

I pray a beautiful, peaceful, productive homeschool year for all of you.

Stopped in to see how you're doing... saying a prayer for your family now.

Blessings,
Lisa

Debbie Petras said...

You are definitely a busy family but learning and growing is so important. I had to smile seeing my good friend Lisa Shaw's face in her comment above. I got to meet her in person and she's the real deal; love her.

blessings and love,
Debbie