Today our double blessings turn double 1's, the big 11! I can't believe they are already 11 years old!
As I have reflected on the past 11 years with them in our life, I am reminded not only of the all the sweet memories and fun times we have had with them, not only the milestones we have watched them achieve, but also all the people who have loved us and them through these past 11 years.
I am reminded of...
The sweet lady who first told us we were having twins! I don't know her name but I remember her face and her words as she explained the results of my ultrasound to me... "Here is your baby, and here is another one!!"
Our Sunday School class from Northpark Baptist Church who loved us through 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital before they were born, who continued to love us after we came home, and even after we moved 45 minutes away... They loved us well... They were the hands and feet of Jesus to us and hold a very special and dear place in our hearts!
The nurses who took such wonderful care of me during my stay at Brookwood. I have had the privilege of running into a few of them over the years and was able to express my gratitude for their excellent care... A good and caring nurse is truly a ministering servant of our Lord and Savior.
My dear friends who moved my baby shower to the hospital... and all the sweet friends who came to celebrate with me there! I was in a wheelchair, with an IV, and hooked up to a fetal monitor, but what a wonderful afternoon it was!
Our very first babysitter, Danielle Moon, who now is married and has her own little one... What a blessing to have a fun and trustworthy babysitter! Our boys were always so excited when you came over to "play". Thank you for loving them through the early years of their lives!
Their wonderful 3K and 4K teacher, Lori Barton... What a blessing you were to our boys during those pre-K years, and what a blessing your friendship has been to me! Maybe one day after all the kids activities slow down we can go running again!!
And we had more great "kid" sitters as they grew older... Delight Davis, Jennifer Rochester (who is also now married!), and Mabrey-Layne Pevey... Thank you for loving our boys, and for enabling us to have some date nights without worrying about them!
I think of our little neighborhood playgroup that we played with for years... changing schedules and seasons of life have hindered us from joining in the playing over the past year or so, but what sweet memories we have of playing at George Roy Park... playing in their "club", getting dirty in the "creek", and one of my favorites - when all our little kids chased the teenagers on their skateboards and they ran for their lives!
I think of the many people who helped care for them while I was so very sick in 2010... Thank you for each of you who cared for them and loved them, from keeping them in your home overnight, to carting them around to soccer practice, to taking them to the park to play. God used you to love and to meet many needs, and we are eternally grateful.
I think of their very first soccer team... what a hoot they were! I think this started their passion for the game, as even then they had a competitive spirit and loved the game! Then I think of the team they joined their 1st grade year... Coach Patrick's team! What a joy this team has been since 1st grade! What a joy to watch all the kids grow and improve in their skills, to watch them go from being a pretty pitiful team to winning the championship! Thank you Coach Patrick for loving our kids, for putting your all into coaching their team, and for fueling their passion and love of the game!
I think of the numerous people who have taught our boys at church and at Community Bible Study... their many leaders in Awana, their many Sunday School teachers, and VBS teachers. I think of their Sunday School teachers for the past 2 years, the Sprinkles... thank you for loving our boys, for praying fervently for them and us, for "Sprinkling" their hearts and minds with God's Word, your entire family is a blessing to all of us! I think of Bro. Hal who baptized our David when he was 7... sweet, sweet memories!
I think of Mrs. Debbie, who not only poured into them the things of God and His Word, but who helped spur on their interest in the piano! Thank you for your kindness and generosity... you are truly a blessing and hold a special place in all our hearts. I think of Mrs. Nancy who has helped them begin to develop their musical talent, and who can gently re-direct their silly little minds and hands to help them learn new skills. You are an answer to prayer and we love having you in our home each week!
I think of Miss Abby, who has helped them develop their artistic skills! Thanks to you I have lovely pieces of their artwork displayed in my home, and friends and family have been blessed with their own original pieces from the Schmid Masterpiece Collection! You have taught them things I never could have taught them... now we may need to enroll them in your Etiquette class!
I think of my homeschooling mom friends... Cheley, Kimberly, Donna... my life would not be the same without each of you! You greatly encourage me, refresh me, and spur me on when the days are hard. I know I can call on you anytime, day or night, and you will be there to pray for and with me and to lend a helping hand if needed. The Lord filled a huge void in my life when he gave me you as friends...
I think of my Moms in Prayer friends... Wow! What a huge blessing you are! How it melts my heart and often brings me to tears to hear you praying so fervently for my boys! How awe inspiring it is to hear the Lord lay on your heart specific things to pray about that could have only been revealed to you by the Spirit of God. I am eternally grateful for the bond that we have developed as we carry our children to the throne of grace. Thank you for praying for my children, for my husband, and for me. Donna, Suzie, JoDee, Nancy Ann, Amanda, Melissa, Dana... a praying friend is one like no other, thank you!
And I think of the many dear friends who have loved our boys as if they were your own... and there are many of you... Mrs. Sandra and Mr. Joe, Mr. Dan and Mrs. Chrissie, Mrs. Michelle and especially Mr. George, you have your own fan club with our kiddos! They love you and think you are just the greatest!
So as I reflect on the past 11 years, I am reminded of not only the wonderful blessing that our boys are, but also all the wonderful friends our Lord has blessed us with through the years... we are truly blessed beyond measure.













No comments:
Post a Comment