This past Saturday I got to hold a sweet, newborn baby. A very dear friend had just given birth to her firstborn, a daughter, on Friday. So I took the opportunity to go to the hospital for a visit while my kids were expelling lots of energy at a Laser Tag birthday party!
We had a nice, but short visit (I couldn't stay too long, I had to pick the boys up from the party, couldn't leave them there all day!). I held her sweet, precious baby while I was there. She was so tiny... so light... so fragile. I was reminded of how dependent little babies are upon their parents, there is nothing they can do for themselves. They can not even communicate effectively yet, we have to guess what their cries mean until we can learn to discern their different "cries". They are dependent upon us to meet their every need and provide them with what they need to grow and to thrive.
When I left there, I began thinking about Jesus and Christmas... about how and where He was born. And it struck me with a new wonder, a wonder I don't think I've ever really had before... Jesus came to earth as a baby! I know this, have known this for as long as I can remember. But on Saturday my Lord gave me a tangible, visual reminder of what He was like when He came to earth.
He left the glories of Heaven, He left the constant fellowship of His Father, He left a place of righteousness and glory, to come to dwell in a world that He had created, that was now full of sin and full of sinners... And He came as a helpless baby, dependent on his parents, who were sinners. He came for you and for me, to save us from our sins, to redeem us, to clothe us with His righteousness, to adopt us into His family, to justify us, to sanctify us, to love us and show us the Father. What a gift! If Jesus could trust completely in His Father's plan of salvation and redemption for all mankind and come to earth as a helpless baby, I can trust Him with my life.
How about you? Think about it, is your trust in Jesus? Do you really realize and understand what He did for you? Do you have the "wonder" of Christmas in your heart? Trust Him... He left everything for you. He alone is worthy of our trust, our praise, and our worship! O come let us adore Him, Christ The Lord.
And for my sweet, sweet friend... What a precious daughter you and your husband have! God has already used her, on the 2nd day of her life, to reveal to me in a new and marvelous way the wonder of Christmas! I look forward to watching her grow into a Godly young lady, just like her mom. God's hand is upon her, He has great things planned to do through her life, which will bring Him great glory and praise! Much love and blessings to your sweet family!












No comments:
Post a Comment