Monday, December 23, 2013

Immanuel... God With Us!

"And she will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins.  Now all this took place that what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet might be fulfilled, saying, 'Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,' which translated means, 'God with us.'" 
Matthew 1:21-23

This Christmas season there seems to be one thing that God keeps impressing upon my heart as I reflect upon Christmas and what it means, and that is the fact that Jesus is Immanuel, God with us. It seems to be in every devotional that I read, it stands out to me in many songs that I hear, and it keeps jumping off the pages of scripture as I have my quiet times in the mornings.

What a wonderful truth this is!!  God, the creator of heaven and earth and of all things, is with us.  He left the glories of heaven, His divineness was wrapped in flesh, and He, the sinless Son of God, dwelt with us, sinful man.  He is with us now, in our everyday moments... He is with us in the good times as well as the bad.  He is with us in the valleys, on the mountaintops, and all the places in between.  This is a great comfort and encouragement to me...

Yesterday at church, guess what the sermon was on!  God with us!!  I just love how God works and how He drills a truth in from many different sources...

GOD with us...

God WITH us...

God with US...

Think on that for a bit, those 3 little words are powerful.  Think about who He is and what He has done for us... it should cause you to worship and your heart to fill with joy!

And then watch this video, our pastor ended the service with it yesterday and I thought it was wonderful.

God With Us by Charles Spurgeon


God with us... O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!



post signature

No comments: