I just have a few thoughts rambling through my mind... from things I have read recently, and from things I have heard... So I am thought I would journal them here as I think on them...
I finished reading "House of Love" yesterday by Elizabeth Cheney from Lamplighter Collection. It was a delightful and encouraging read, and I cried joyful tears at the end. It has been quite a while since I have cried when finishing a book... the last one that I remember bringing tears was the ending of "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.
Anyway, there is a song the main character loved and that ministered to her greatly through all the seasons of her life, some very difficult. She sang it with her mom, she sang it to her "adopted" grandmom, and she sang it to herself and to her Lord. The words from this song keep running through my head...
The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His,
And He is mine forever.
Where streams of living waters flow,
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And where the verdant pastures grow,
With food celestial feedeth,
And so through all the length of days,
Thy goodness faileth never;
Good Shepherd, let me sing Thy praise,
Within Thy house forever.
My Shepherd is the King of love... LOVE! His goodness never fails... NEVER! And since I am His, I lack not a thing, absolutely nothing! And He is mine forever... no one can take Him from me, and no one can take me from Him! How comforting those thoughts are...
And then these thoughts are from some messages I have heard recently...
What you proclaim with your words and declare with your life reveals who you really are...
Our mission is to make much of God. Those who truly know God desire to make Him known to others. Since there is no greater knowledge of God than that found in the gospel, we become a people of the gospel who are passionate to make Christ known and enjoyed in this world.
Make my life a canvas for His glory...
I am thankful that I live in the House of Love and that I am a child of the King. I pray that my life reveals that, and that my life makes much of Him... I desire for my life to be a canvas on which His glory is displayed...












No comments:
Post a Comment