Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday!

Do you have a thankful heart today? 

Here is my thankful list for the week! 

  • The convicting power of God's Word, the privilege of prayer, and the cleansing power of forgiveness...
  • The teaching power of God's Word... we have had a few "teachable moments" here at our house this week, as we do every week, (wondering when these "teachable moments" are going to take!!).  Thankful that I have God's Word to guide me as I try to teach and train these little hearts entrusted to us.
  • Time... The Lord has guided me to be very careful about the activities that I place on my plate, showing me that He wants me to have time to sit with my kids to teach and train them.  I fear many of their little "heart issues" would not be addressed properly had I not listened to His prompting regarding time commitments... there are times when we spent a large portion of our time searching the scripture together to see what God's Word says about certain things... like interrupting, disrespect, arguing, ungratefulness, you get the idea.  It really does not matter what I say about all those things, what matters is what God says about them.
  • A sweet, unexpected, encouraging text from my husband in the early morning hours while having my quiet time (he was having his upstairs!)  And I only saw the text when I did because I was checking the time!
  • Some unexpected time to myself for 3 nights in a row to spend a little extra time reading!
  • A helpful husband who is eager to help others...
  • My children helping more often in the kitchen without having to be asked!!
  • Friends who pray for me...
  • The strength and ability to run!!  Getting ready to run the Mercedes Half in just a week and a few days!!
  • Blessings found in hand-me-downs and the joy they bring my kids!!  3 storage containers of Legos, my boys have been in Lego Heaven!!

I hope you take time to reflect on what you are thankful for... and encourage your family to do the same!  It just may do away with some grumpy attitudes, it works at our house!


post signature

No comments: