I think it is so sweet when the Lord confirms something He has spoken to me through His Spirit. After sharing about "My Plate" a post back, my Lord has sweetly confirmed to me that I am right where He would have me to be for this season of my life.
Just yesterday I opened some mail that has been in a clutter pile for about a week, and I read the following from a brochure for a book by Priscilla Shirer, The Resolution for Women. This is what I read:
I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life, and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.
and this...
I will seek to devote the best of myself, my time, and my talents to the primary roles the Lord has entrusted to me in this phase of my life.
Wow!
And last night I attended a meeting of a group called Generations... a group of homeschool moms who gather to share ideas and offer encouragement to one another. What a blessing it was, as we talked about scheduling, organizing, disciplining, habit training, and discipling our children. The answer to every question that was presented was "spend time with Jesus"... If we spend time with Jesus, He will give us wisdom, creativity, strength and power to fulfill what He has called us to do for this season. I came home so refreshed, encouraged, renewed, and motivated to do this homeschooling thing with excellence for His glory!
If I need creativity... spend time with Jesus, He is the Creator...
If I need wisdom... spend time with Jesus, wisdom comes from Him...
If I need help... spend time with Jesus, for my help comes from the Lord...
If I need peace... spend time with Jesus, He is the Prince of Peace...
If I need strength... spend time with Jesus, the joy of the Lord is my strength...
You get the idea!
So... spend time with Jesus, and then go do what He has ordained for you to do for this season of your life, and enjoy it!












No comments:
Post a Comment