Her funeral was by far the most worshipful funeral I have ever attended. Upon leaving, I was struck with the fact that I had attended a funeral but felt as if I had attended a worship service! I believe this was the first time that I have received encouragement and spiritual renewal from attending a funeral. I left her funeral encouraged and motivated to live my life to the fullest and to live intentionally in light of eternity rather than living for the temporal things of this world.
Her life made a difference for the kingdom. She willingly allowed God to use her life and the story He wrote with her life to show His love to a lost, dark, and dying world. It was said of her that she never complained about her battle with cancer, never asked "Why me?". Rather, she asked God to give her a testimony and to use her life for His glory. The gospel was preached through her life and through the words at her "Going Home Party", and at least 10 people accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior at her funeral!!! I can not remember ever attending a funeral where an invitation was given and where people came to meet Jesus personally as their Lord and Savior! What a testimony! What a life well-lived! What a demonstration of the power of God... to work through death to give life to those who were dead in their sins!
I want my life to count for His Kingdom.... thank you Jamie Layton Cagle, for motivating and encouraging me to keep my eyes focused on my Savior, and to live my days left here on earth intentionally, for His Glory, and with an eternal perspective...
"The memory of the uncompromisingly righteous is a blessing..." Proverbs 10:7













No comments:
Post a Comment