
"Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
I will praise the Lord while I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
Psalm 146:1-2
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
I will praise the Lord while I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
Psalm 146:1-2
I have really missed doing my Thankful Thursday posts, and am really planning to make an effort to get back into the habit of doing them again in the New Year... I thought all day yesterday about what I wanted to share that I am thankful for, but did not have time to do the post... so instead of not doing it at all I am going to do it a day late.
I am giving thanks to my Lord for:
- The gift of Jesus... how thankful I am that Jesus was willing to leave the glory of Heaven and the presence of His Father to come to earth to live among sinners, to show us the love of the Father, and to pay the price for our redemption... what a gift!
- The opportunity and privilege to homeschool my children... it has been a wonderful adventure so far, definitely trying at times, but also definitely worth it. It is priceless to see them learn new things and apply them, and such a blessing to have hugs, kisses, and laughter in the middle of the day!
- A very much unexpected gift for our children... a friend of my husband's gave him money yesterday to buy the boys a BIG Christmas present! A wonderful, unexpected blessing in the midst of tough economic times...
- The blessing of studying God's Word through Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). We are doing an in-depth study on the book of John... what a wonderful and "meaty" study this has been. I have been blessed with a deeper understanding of God's Word and blessed with new friendships with ladies who also hunger for God and make time to dig into His Word. And an added blessing is that my children also are studying the book of John as well as learning hymns and songs during music time, they absolutely LOVE going!
- The ability to run! I so enjoy getting out and running... it gives me time to clear my mind, to spend time in prayer with my Lord, and is a great way to take care of my body, His temple. I am currently attempting to train for a 1/2 marathon, knowing the Lord has lessons for me to learn as I commit myself to training for such a long run...
It feels so nice to share what I am thankful for again! I have missed this part of my week and hope to be able to make time for it again... what are you thankful for this week? I would love to hear from you!













4 comments:
It is so nice to hear you guys are doing well. Although I do not comment much, I enjoy your blog immensely. What I am most thankful for, though, is that though our lives may go in differing directions, I still have wonder friends like you!
What wonderful praises!
So good to hear from you, Tricia! I'm thrilled for you all that homeschooling is going so very well! Take care!
I am so thrilled that you are aiming for a 1/2 marathon, and I am just proud to know ya!! The one in Nashville is a good one. It's in April. John Ryan and I will go stay at your house and babysit and you and James can just take off to Nashville!!:)
Post a Comment