Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A day of lasts...

Today is a day of  lots of lasts... So I am trying to slow time down, savor every moment, and linger and enjoy these boys the Lord has entrusted to us.

  • The last morning to get Good Morning hugs from a couple of 9 year olds...
  • The last day to hear 9 year old little boys giggle and laugh...
  • The last day to fix breakfast, lunch and dinner for 9 year old appetites...
  • The last day to snuggle and read with my 9 year old boys...
  • The last day to teach these 9 year old boys, through all the wiggles and questions that interrupt our days...
  • The last day to get a picture of them being 9....
  • The last day to savor 9 year old smiles, hugs, and grins...
  • The last day to "ooo" and "ahhh" over 9 year old Lego creations....
  • The last day to tuck in my 9 year olds and say their bedtime prayers...

For tomorrow they will be 10!  I do look forward to all the new beginnings that come with 10, but where has the time gone? We have passed the halfway mark... I have less time with them now than I have already had with them... Less time before they can leave our nest and go where the Lord directs them. It makes my heart ache a bit and my eyes a bit watery.  It truly is overwhelming... so much we want them to know and to learn, and time is slipping away.  We must be diligent, we must be intentional, we must live with purpose and passion to raise them as our Lord would have us to...


Lord, I thank you for one more day with the blessings you have given us... I ask for many more days with them.  Help us to disciple them for Your glory and for Your purposes.  May they grow up to be mighty men of God, mighty in prayer, mighty in the Word, mighty warriors for Your Kingdom.  I am humbled and in need of your abundant grace to be their mom...







post signature

No comments: