Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Journaling...


I have been reading through my journal recently, and have been making a conscious effort to journal more consistently as I used to do. I love to journal, it is a way to pour my heart out to my Lord, and I really enjoy looking back over what I have written and seeing how the Lord has answered prayers, addressed concerns, and ministered to my needs and hurts. It is a great reminder of the faithfulness of my Lord and of His concern and love for me...

While reading back through my journal this week I came upon this entry and felt led of the Lord to share it here... it is a bit of a devotion from Streams in the Desert that really spoke to me. It led me to ask myself these questions...

Am I:
  1. Willing to be nothing so Christ may be everything?
  2. Fully accepting God's purposes as my own?
  3. Receiving Christ's humility, faith, love and power yet never hindering God's plan but always allowing Him to continue His miraculous work?

"God, and He alone, became my all in all. In Him I found everything I needed, and I desired nothing else. By God's grace, my understanding of His sufficiency has remained to this day, making me an exceedingly happy man. It has led me to care only about the things of God." George Mueller (from Streams in the Desert, July 18)


Can you say as George Mueller said, that "in Him I found everything I needed, and I desired nothing else"? That is my current pursuit... I want to desire nothing but my Lord... nothing else will satisfy me like He will...

post signature

7 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Journaling is one of the main ways I stay connected to Christ. I enjoy reading through mine as well- seeing where I have been, what He has brought me out of, answered prayers, etc. Thanks for sharing your heart!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Journaling is one of the main ways I stay connected to Christ. I enjoy reading through mine as well- seeing where I have been, what He has brought me out of, answered prayers, etc. Thanks for sharing your heart!

Jennifer said...

Very thoughtful....always wonderful to look back and see how God has taught and refined and led along the way.

DeeDee said...

I love journaling. But I have never been consistent. However, it does help as we look back and see what God has done.
Blogging has sorta become a journal for me.
love you gal!

Krista said...

I have three journals that I used to write in. I have thought about starting again with my journaling because I sooo enjoy it. ...And yes, one of the best parts is being able to look back.

Blessed,
Krista

Jennifer R said...

I am trying to journal my senior year... I've never really found it to be fun, but I want to remember my senior year the best way I can! I see it as recording all of the amazing things that God is doing! :)

JEN

Tea with Tiffany said...

Stopping in to wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thankful for you as my friend.