
"Thou, O LORD, wilt not withhold Thy compassion from me; Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth will continually preserve me." Psalm 40:11
Today I am thankful for:
- The compassions of our Lord and Savior...
- That the lovingkindness of the Lord and His truth will preserve me...
- For Christmas music! The house is filled with the music of the season right now and it just blesses my heart!
- The fact that we are on a very tight and limited budget this year; therefore I do not have as much shopping to do and do not have to get all caught up in the consumerism... it has been a blessing! Who would have thought I would be giving thanks for a tight budget!!
- The joy on my boys faces and in their hearts as we begin to decorate our home and focus on the Christmas season! Seeing their silly little dances to the Christmas music just blesses my heart, and I really like hearing them sing along when they think I am not listening!
- For a church family who helps each other out in times of need... My husband is having major problems with his arms right now, has been since around February, and it hurts him to do just about anything, like put up our Christmas tree. So I sent out a plea for help to our church and two wonderful guys came and put up our tree for us the very day I sent the plea out, and numerous more have contacted me since then willing to help us out. The fact that so many were willing to help us with such a little thing just overwhelms me...
- I am thankful for conversations with Godly friends with whom I can share my heart with and we can both share what God is doing in our lives;
- I am thankful for the foods of the season! I plan to share some of my favorite recipes on Fridays, so drop back by on Fridays this month...
- For still being motivated to go run, even when it is cold, although I am not running in the chill of the mornings right now! I have registered for my 1st 5K on December 20th... I will be running with a friend who has run countless marathons, should be a breeze for her!
- For this life that God has blessed me with and my relationship with my Lord and Savior, I would not trade my relationship with Him for anything in this world...
Please take time to slow down from the busyness of this season that creeps in on us and think about what you are thankful for, and give Him thanks for all of it! For more TT posts visit Grace Alone.

9 comments:
Oh yes!! I too am thankful for the sights, sounds, and smells of the season. It truly is the MOST WONDERFUL time of the year!
Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us, today.
Happy TT!!
Hi, Tricia. I always so enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday posts! You have a great way of sharing about all the blessings the Lord has given to you and your family.
Good for you running in a 5K! I'm a walker myself, but oftentimes have wished that I enjoyed running more.
I'll keep your husband in my prayers. So sorry his arms have been bothering him so much!
Isn't it wonderful to be able to have so many things to be thankful for in a society that grumbles and complains so much of the time. Even in the tight financial times that we are all in...we can be thankful for that we have food to eat, a roof over our heads, beds to sleep in and clothes to wear...many people don't.
Thanks for sharing a wonderful list of blessings in your life. Happy TT!
What a lovely list and what a sweet church family you have to help out that way. A blessing indeed.
Thank you for sharing your thankful heart sweet sister.
Blessings, Lyndy
yes it is great to hear music of Christmas but in same way I am sad because I am far from my love ones...
I am thankful to read about your sweet blessings like Christmas music, your kiddos' joy, and the help of others to put up your tree. I am proud of your running. I can't imagine running that much. I need to move my body!!
Enjoyed your list.
Sorry your hubby's arms are troubling him.
Enjoy the season celebrating our savior's birth.
Great list today. Hope your TT was a good one.
Come on over, I'm having a give a way!!
Hi Tricia,
I so enjoyed reading your list of blessings.
So sorry to learn your hubby is having difficulties with his arms. How beautiful to see the way God provided what you needed and thereby encouraged your family this way.
Wow, and you're doing a 5K run!? How exciting. No doubt God is helping you stay motivated and that's awesome!
Now, take a moment and stop by my blog...I have a surprise for you!
Blessings,
Tracy
You always touch my heart.
Post a Comment