Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursdays



Psalm 107:21-22
"Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare His works with rejoicing."


Today I am thankful for:
  • A good night's rest last night!
  • The power of God's Word to change my attitude and focus!
  • For a fun day shopping and out to lunch with a friend!
  • For Edgar's chicken salad & yummy desserts!!
  • For my boys starting to say their "own" prayers rather than memorized prayers, they are so precious!
  • For my husband, who seems to be planning some sort of surprise for me, maybe, we'll see!!!
  • For beautiful weather!
  • For the fact that I can carry my Bible with me wherever I want to!
  • I continue to be thankful for good praise and worship music! (Thanks to all who shared their favorites with me last week!)
  • For my salvation!

So, what are you thankful for today? Leave a comment and let me know, and for more thankful Thursday posts head on over to Sting My Heart.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

I am so glad you got out with a friend today. I wonder what James is up to? You will have to let us know. sounds exciting!! Pray for Joey he is traveling and want be home for a while. He is leaving Lousiana and headed for Florida and will be there through the weekend. I wish I was with him. He is so close to the beach and I would love to be on the beach and I bet he want even go. He doesn't like the sand. Sorry...I got side-tracked!
You have a great list of Thanks.
Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

Krista said...

Wow! There is so much to be thankful for. It's funny that I will post what I am thankful for and then read others and realize how much more I am thankful for that I didn't list. I am thankful for your friendship and your prayers! Litl Kris

Denise said...

Such sweet thankfuls, bless you.

Melanie said...

Children saying prayers... so very precious and must make God so very happy! What a special blessing that we can share prayer with our children.

Thanks so for your kind words you left earlier today. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

What a GREAT list for TT. So glad you were able to go out to lunch~ that's always FUN! Love your WFW, too. What an amazing picture.

So glad you stopped by. Look forward to reading more of your posts and comments.

Blessings!

Mitzi said...

I admire you so much....I enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday blogs. You bring things to my mind that I have not thought about being thankful for. Sometimes I get so side-tracked with "stuff" that does not matter that I lose focus. You are an inspiration to me!

eph2810 said...

Oh - a good night's rest is always good. I always sleep well - just not long enough *smile*.
How sweet that your children are saying their own prayers.
Ah, yes - worship music - may favorite music to listen throughout the day.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Be blessed today and always...