Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time in the Word




I read these quotes recently and have really been thinking on them.  I have wanted to blog a bit about what they have stirred in my heart, but just have not had the time to sit down and get my thoughts out on paper...

...so I am just putting the quotes here for whoever happens by my way to ponder upon... they are most certainly better than any of my thoughts could be on them anyway...

"The poorest [man] who understands his Bible, knows more about religion than the wisest philosophers of Greece and Rome." 

and...

"Knowledge of the Bible never comes by intuition. It can only be got by hard, regular, daily, attentive and wakeful reading. Do we grudge the time and trouble this will cost us? If we do, we are not yet fit for the kingdom of God."

These were taken from Sunsets, Reflections for Life's Final Journey by Deborah Howard, RN, CHPN

 Any thoughts??


                                                                                                                                                                                post signature

1 comment:

Meredith said...

We are often too rich for our own good!!