Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Word-Filled Wednesday




"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."
Psalm 51:7

I thought this was a great visual of how absolutely filthy we are from our sin when we come to Christ, but praise be to God that He can wash us and make us whiter than snow! And I also praise God for waterhoses, soap, and water!!

For more Word-filled Wednesday posts go to 160acrewoods.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful visual for that verse. Thank you so much for sharing with us today!

Mitzi said...

I love your new blogsite! And I love the mud pics. The Psalm 51:7 is the verse Abbie had to recite at Awana Awards night. We asked the girls to recite one of the verses they learned at Awanas and Mollie proceeded with this verse. She learned it just by hearing Abbie trying to memorize it. They are ALWAYS listening!

Susan said...

Wow, we used the same scripture today!! Cool...

You'll see my version is different because it involves GIRLS! (He He...)

I am the mom of 5 sons though, 3 granddaughters, so I know all about dirt and boys!!

Your blog is so beautiful!

Darlene said...

Love the way you use the visual with the verse! My computer finally downloaded your blog. It looks great!! I love it...I know you are proud of it!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a perfect visual! Love that!

~Amy~ said...

Now that I can relate to, the muddy boys of course. Love it.

Tracy said...

Perfect combination of scripture and photo! Being the Mom of a (now grown) boy...that was a picture I can definitely appreciate! Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings,
Tracy

Melanie said...

Tricia, I love your new blog look!! The picture in the header is absolutely gorgeous!

Life has been busy lately, so I haven't visited in a few days. I so enjoyed catching up on that has been going on with you all this last week. Looks like you had a splendid Mother's Day. And, the pictures of your boys in the mud.. well, I must admit they brought a smile and made me laugh. We had a similar experience last week after it had rained and the kids wanted to help plant flowers.

I also enjoyed so much reading your thoughts on being inconveniced by God. Thanks for linking back to my post, too. This whole topic has really struck a chord in my life... most definitely something I needed to hear that Sunday in church.

Well, I hope you all have a blessed week and I'll be back soon!

Jenelle said...

Oh my goodness! Praise God for water hoses! What an awesome picture for this verse. :)

Anonymous said...

Your WFW just made me smile. What a wonderful scripture and the picture...just perfect!

Have a bless day!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Perfect for me today. Feeling a bit muddy lately, but know I am clean in Him.

Thanks for your prayers and comment today. So appreciate it.

Denise said...

I love the picture, and nice verse.

Anonymous said...

We need to realize just what God had to save us from and this photo is a good illustration for sure!!
Blessings.

Nancie said...

Powerful visual for this verse! Such a precious verse to remind us of how filthy we are but Christ has cleansed us and is cleansing us daily. How we need Him!

Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

too cute! I love it!! not to mention that face.. he's adorable! :)

God Bless!

DeeDee said...

such a cute picture... and wonderful application!!!

Love the new layout (did I tell you that already?)